I have been reading and listening to a lot of motivational talks to help improve my attitude. For humans, it is difficult to plod along the path for our work, in whatever we do, without getting discouraged. We try to attain the goals that we make but the burden gets heavy at times and we need an uplifting word to keep us going.
Here are a few suggested actions for us to stay positive in 2010.
1. Finish what you start!! When you get into something, finish it. Don’t let it go. Whether it’s playing soccer or taking a class, finish what you have started and it will give you the feeling of accomplishment.
2. Get a Vision: Find the vision of what you want to accomplish. Stay motivated by reading or listening every day to whatever it is you want to do.
3. Persevere: When the going gets tough the tough get going!!! Get up and do something to contribute to your vision of what you want to accomplish.
4. Be Courageous: It takes courage to have the convictions in accomplishing what you deem very important. Whether it’s raising children or finishing a book, work on it everyday and remember your convictions in what you want to do.
5. Be a good example: There are so many people who are lost and looking for something. Be a good example to those around you and it will help them and you to be better people.
Through all the tragic news we hear every day, keeping a positive attitude becomes a chore. Think of these five helpful suggestions and your attitude will improve over time.
The Dating Experiment by Elodia Strain
1 month ago